The Case for Inclusion: Women with Disabilities in Social Mobility Practices in Higher Education
Jan Shea, CTI
Katherine Martinez, Student Veteran of the Year & Board of Directors for Student Veterans of America, Project Achieve Participant
In this webcast, Jan Shea and Katherine Martinez host a discussion about disability and social mobility. Through showcasing Project Achieve, a statewide project that identified barriers, strategies, and programs promoting inclusion and success in college for female students with traumatic brain injuries and/or spinal cord injuries, Shea and Martinez make the case that higher education institutions must elevate this population within DEI initiatives. Additionally, Martinez tells of her lived experiences as a female veteran with a TBI. Her story showcases the project’s impact as well as the importance of college resources in her success.
This webcast will offer 1.0 CRC credit pending approval.
- Explore internal notions or thoughts about people with disabilities
- Learn about the gaps in research related to people with disabilities in DEI initiatives and social mobility
- Learn about Project Achieve
- Hear the lived experience of a female student with TBI
- Investigate how your college or university can improve its support