Reasonable Accommodations & The Americans with Disabilities Act Fact Sheet
Available formats: PDF
This fact sheet provides definitions of key terms and procedures related to job accommodations under the employment provisions (Title 1) of the ADA.
The following questions are answered:
- Who is Covered?
- Who is a Qualified Applicant?
- What are Essential Functions?
- What are Reasonable Accommodations?
- What Constitutes an Undue Hardship?
- What is the Average Cost of a Reasonable Accommodation?
- What Should an Employee do to request an Accommodation?
- What Should an Employer do Following a Request for an Accommodation?