Substance abuse assessment and treatment in vocational rehabilitation for persons with brain injury
by Kreutzer, J, Marwitz, J., Wehman, P.
, . (1991). Substance abuse assessment and treatment in vocational rehabilitation for persons with brain injury. , 0, .
Substance abuse is common problem facing people with traumatic brain injury and often is part of problem in gaining and maintaining employment. Presents information on standard terminology and pre- and postinjury patterns of substance abuse designed to assist vocational rehabilitation professionals. The categories are as follows:
- substance abuse, tolerance, and dependence;
- alcohol, illicit drugs, and injury;
- preinjury alcohol and drug use;
- patterns of postinjury alcohol use;
- postinjury illicit drug use;
- assessment of substance abuse;
- alcohol and drug use policy guidelines;
- client, family, and staff education;
- treatment considerations.
The article also offers a list of 16 specialized substance abuse treatment suggestions for vocational rehabilitation programs.
Journal of Head Trauma Rehabilitation, 6(3), p. 12-23. 1991.